In Manitowoc County we had 406 cases of Drug and Narcotic Offenses in 2021.
Followed by the increasing use of Fentanyl, Marijuana (Delta-8), Tobacco, Alcohol, and Prescription drugs. HMC Substance Use Prevention Coalition wants to spread awareness and distribute resources to help our community better understand the harms and consequences of substance use and arm you with the knowledge and tools to recognize and prevent the spread in our community.
8% of high school students in Manitowoc County reported using prescription painkillers without a doctor’s prescription and 3% reported using over-the-counter drugs to get high. (2021 Manitowoc County YRBS) In 2019 1% of high school students reported the use of Methamphetamines and heroin. (2019 Manitowoc County YRBS)
Make sure you know the signs and symptoms of drug use and overdose! If you don’t HMC Substance Use Prevention has trainings to teach you and other community members how to recognize these signs! Please reach out with any questions about trainings or setting up a training from your organization!
Narcan Trainings Available!
- Manitowoc Health Department
- Call 920-683-4155 or visit in person to schedule or receive training. Training and Narcan are free!
- Call 920-645-7907 no regular scheduled trainings, trainings must be requested!
- Lighthouse Recovery
- Call 920-374-3989
Learn more at…
- What is Naloxone: https://www.cdc.gov/stopoverdose/naloxone/index.html
- How to Use Naloxone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odlFtGNjmMQ