Take the survey and let your voice be heard.
MANITOWOC COUNTY AND LOCAL PARTNERS TO CONDUCT COLLABORATIVE COMMUNITY HEALTH ASSESSMENT SURVEYS
(MANITOWOC, WI) — Local health partners, including the Manitowoc County Health Department, Aurora Health Care, Holy Family Memorial in affiliation with Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Lakeshore Community Action Program (CAP), Lakeshore Community Health Care, and United Way Manitowoc County are urging residents to participate in a community health survey. The Community Health Assessment (CHA) survey will provide valuable data for continued evaluation of community needs and help guide government, not-for-profit, and volunteer organizations as they fashion services to meet the most pressing health needs of the community.
In order for as many Manitowoc residents to have their voices heard, two methods will be used to collect survey data:
- JKV Research, an independent research firm that specializes in community surveys, and Management Decisions (phone number 414-774-0623), will be making calls to cell phones and landlines until they have reached 400 people allowing for results to be projectable to the county. The anonymous survey will take about 17 minutes to complete.
- An online survey will be available to anyone who lives or works in Manitowoc County: https://bit.ly/ManitowocCounty. This anonymous survey will take about 5 minutes to complete.
No one will ask for identifying information, such as social security number, banking account numbers, or other personal identifiers during the survey call. Questions will focus on issues such as access to primary care, health care coverage, substance use, smoking, vaping, nutrition, physical activity, cancer prevention, injury prevention, immunizations, children’s health, mental health, and chronic disease. The new data will supplement 2019 community health assessment data and will allow Manitowoc County Public Health and community partners to analyze trends over time. Results will be released to the public in summer 2022.
The community health surveys are aimed at meeting several objectives:
- Gathering local data to document health status related to the health priorities established by the state health plan.
- Identifying local health behaviors or risk factors that present opportunities for health promotion and health care cost reduction.
- Tracking the success of community health improvement activities.
- Allowing local health partners to document population health indicators to help guide health improvement efforts to improve community health in Manitowoc County.
For more comprehensive information on the CHA process, go to https://healthiestmc.org/community-data-resources/ to view the current Manitowoc County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).