ONE SHOT OR 1 OZ OF OVERPOURING CAN CREATE UP TO A 50% LOSS OF PROFIT PER BOTTLE OF ALCOHOL (SESTRA. (2017) HOW OVERPOURING DRAINS PROFITS)
- TIPS TO PREVENT OVERSERVING AND INTOXICATED DRIVING
- Host happy hours for food and non-alcoholic beverages
- offer non-alcoholic beverages for free or AT reduced rates to designated drivers
- Refuse to serve someone who is VISIBLY intoxicated
IT IS ILLEGAL TO SERVE AN INTOXICATED PERSON UNDER THE WISCONSIN ALCOHOL BEVERAGE AND TOBACCO LAW FOR RETAILERS (PUB 302 WI ALCOHOL BEVERAGE AND TOBACCO LAWS FOR RETAILERS, 2016)
- RECOGNIZE THE SIGNS OF OVERSERVING
- Behavioral: Argumentative, drowsy, loud, slurred speech, overly friendly
- Physical: Falling, Red or watery eyes, stumbling or swaying, can’t find mouth with a drink
- Other: Irrational STATEMENTS, losing TRAIN of thought, vomiting
KEEP OUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR BUSINESS SAFE! DON’T OVERSERVE!
- Responsible Beverage Server training courses that have been approved by the State of Wisconsin: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Training/alcSellerServer.aspx
- CDC (Alcohol Use & Your Health) : https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm#:~:text=Over%20time%2C%20excessive%20alcohol%20use,liver%20disease%2C%20and%20digestive%20problems.&text=Cancer%20of%20the%20breast%2C%20mouth,liver%2C%20colon%2C%20and%20rectum.
- Have an event coming up? http://healthiestmc.wpengine.com/festival-toolkits/