Meeting the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:45 AM at the Manitowoc County Health Department, this coalition focuses its work on ensuring children are ready for kindergarten and developing a comprehensive coordinated system of care for providing opportunities for healthy growth and development of all children from prenatal to 5 years of age.
There are currently 5 workgroups involved with the Investing Early Coalition.
- Reach Out and Read– A program that promotes early literacy through providers giving books at well baby checks as well as writing a “prescription” for parents to read aloud to their children.
- Welcome Baby– A program that provides hospital visits to new and at risk mothers to assure awareness of community resources and provides an opportunity to sign up for the Connections Count or Home Visiting programs.
- Early Screening Team– A workgroup that assures that developmental screening is available to children at multiple sites in the community including health cares, daycares, and public screening events.
- Breastfeeding Coalition– A small group that supports and promotes breastfeeding in the community through providers, daycares, and businesses.
- Parent Cafes’– A workgroup that holds one a month cafes from October through May in order to provide parents the support and resilience they need to build relationships and build strong families.
Current Action Items
- Create a 6th workgroup with the goal to promote the five early literacy practices; read, write, talk, sing, and play.
Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:45 AM at the Manitowoc County Health Department
If the Investing Early Coalition sounds like something you or your organization is interested in joining, please send HMC a message or contact: